- To network and have professional training opportunities with other professionals in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
- To professionally affiliate with other highly qualified Marriage & Family Therapist.
- To provide student members an opportunity to network and connect with possible future employers and supervisors as well as be exposed to a variety of topics and areas of family therapy which may not be covered in the classroom.
- To exchange ideas with other organization members in pursuit of common goals.
- To accumulate CEU’s by attending accredited meetings and workshops.
- To be guided by a professional code of ethics.
Monthly Continuing Education Meetings
- Each month (February, March, April, May, September, October, and November) DAMFT holds meetings featuring a wide range of guest speakers on a variety of topics. Members in attendance will receive a CEU certificate that is passed out at the end of each meeting.
- Each year DAMFT holds a 3-hour Ethics workshop in February free for all current DAMFT members.
- Student members will be exposed to a variety of new topics and areas of family therapy not covered in the classroom.
Connection and Networking:
- At each meeting you will have the opportunity to Network with other marriage and family therapists as well as other professionals in the Dallas / Fort Worth area.
- Exchange ideas with other members who join DAMFT in pursuit of common goals.
- AAMFT members who are Licensed Marriage and Family Therapists in the state of Texas. Cost for DAMFT: $75 per calendar year.
- MEMBER: Individual who has attained and holds a current independent (private) practice license in the mental health field other than MFT (ex. psychologists, psychiatrists, physicians, pastoral counselors, licensed professional counselors, and social workers)and who hold current AAMFT membership Cost: $75 per calendar year.
- STUDENT MEMBER: Individual enrolled in a graduate program or post-degree training program that will lead to eventual Clinical Fellow or Member status. Cost: $25 per calendar year.
- Non-AAMFT members. Individual who is working toward licensure in another mental health field (ex LPC-I),or individual who is interested in our programs and who are in a field related to marriage and family therapy, such as lawyers, mediators or school counselors, but are not licensed nor have any plans to move toward licensure in any related field. Cost: $100 per calendar year.
Join Us! »